The Management wish to bring to the notice of the entire Polytechnic Community that the Governing Council and the Management has not proscribed the Students’ Union of this Institution, and do not have the intention of doing so.
The following are the issues at stake as they presently affect the Students’ Union:
1) The security Agencies had hitherto advised the management on the security situation on campus concerning the Students’ Union and their activities
2) The fear raised by the security agencies manifested itself with the pandemonium witnessed on the mini campus on the eve of the Students’ Representative Council (SRC) election.
3) The management viewed the incident with serious concern and invited all the security agencies in Offa Local Government to the meeting of Expanded Campus Security Committee where all issues relating to campus security and in particular as it affect the 2017/2018 Students’ Union election were discussed.
4) Taken into consideration all security reports, the security agencies were all strongly of the opinion that no election of any kind is advisable with the present security situation on campus.
5) The management was advised to put certain machinery in motion and postpone the forthcoming election till further notice when the security in and around the campuses improves.
Having taken all these into consideration, the management informed the Governing Council of the development. The Council subsequently invited the Students’ Union executives who equally concured with the security advice that the security situation on campus is not conducive for an election for now.
At this juncture, the management wishes to reiterate her commitment to the 2016/2017 academic calendar vis avis: 2nd semester 2016/2017 examination scheduled for July to August 2017, and subsequent mobilization of all HND II students for NYSC without any interruption.
For avoidance of doubt, the management wish to further state that the students’ Union has not been proscribed. The present Students’ Union executives are still on board and are effectively performing their function, its only the election that has been postponed.The generality of the students are therefore admonished not to be misinformed or let themselves be use to destabilize the academic programme of the Polytechnic.